BBC News - Home

24 June 2017

Twelve and Thirteen

Ahhh, a four-day week.  Leaves Friday to be a day where often I just end up goofing around all day, but yesterday I did a lot of yard work...

...so I forgot to tell you what I was listening to!

23 June 1974, Jai Alai Fronton, Miami, FL

So this was basically an arena where you could watch competitive Jai Alai, which sounds pretty cool. Never played it. Never seen it! I should check out some YouTube...

Great show.  The passage beginning with "Dark Star" used to circulate on its own, as a "filler" on 90-minute cassette tapes that didn't entirely fill with a show. Awesome stuff.

24 June 1983, Dane County Coliseum, Madison, WI

I guess it's the Alliant Energy Center now.  Haven't been back in a while...I am from Madison.

I saw a lot of hockey played at this arena, and some music too.  This show...damn.

Set lists after the break...


Miami
Ramble on Rose
Black-Throated Wind
Mississippi Half-Step
Beat it on Down the Line
Row Jimmy
Jack Straw
Let it Rock
Cumberland Blues
El Paso
To Lay Me Down
WRS Prelude
WRS Part 1
Let it Grow
China Doll

Ship of Fools
Big River
Black Peter
Around and Around
Dark Star
Spanish Jam
U.S. Blues
Uncle John's Band
One More Saturday Night

Casey Jones




Madison
Shakedown Street
Far From Me
Candyman
Little Red Rooster
Brown Eyed Women
Mama Tried
Mexicali Blues
Althea
Hell in a Bucket
Deal

Help on the Way
Slipknot!
Franklin's Tower
Lost Sailor
Saint of Circumstance
drums
Truckin'
Morning Dew
Around and Around
Johnny B. Goode

Don't Ease Me In

No comments:

Post a Comment