BBC News - Home

06 July 2017

Twenty-Five

Today, we are in 1990, visiting Cardinal Stadium in Louisville, Kentucky.
It's a great show.
This is Brent Mydland. He was a hell of a musician, and he was a great singer and decent songwriter as well.  He died of an overdose on 26 July, only twenty days after this show.

I remember it, and in the years since I've read various accounts of his life, his struggles to "fit in" with the already-established band and the scene, and his ultimate failure to escape the trap of self-medication and escapism.

I get it.

Makes me very sad when anyone loses that battle, and I still grieve for many we've lost that way through the years...

...I'm going to stop here. Kinda heavy stuff, and I am not in a good space to say more!

Take care.
Set list after the break...


Hell in a Bucket
Sugaree
Easy to Love You
Peggy-O
Desolation Row
West L.A. Fadeaway
Picasso Moon
Ramble on Rose
Music Never Stopped

China Cat Sunflower
I Know You Rider
Man Smart/Woman Smarter
Standing on the Moon
He's Gone
drums
Truckin'
Wharf Rat
Goin' Down the Road Feelin' Bad
Around and Around

Baby Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment