BBC News - Home

07 July 2017

Twenty-Six

R E D    R O C K S . . .
A "natural" amphitheatre near Denver, this venue was apparently used as early as 1906 for performances (and one would guess it had been used before by others, before the "modern" era), but the CCC and WPA helped to get the current setting done by 1941.

I've not been to it, and I need to rectify that. I have heard plenty of stories from folks who have, and I have been jealous...especially in light of shows like the two I feature from 1978, starting today.

They are justifiably famous recordings (tomorrow is a good bit more well-known than today, but I love 'em both) and I hope you will enjoy them. I always do...

Set list after the break...


Jack Straw
Candyman
Me and My Uncle
Big River
Friend of the Devil
Cassidy
Tennessee Jed
Passenger
Peggy-O
Music Never Stopped

Cold Rain and Snow
Beat it on Down the Line
Scarlet Begonias
Fire on the Mountain
Dancin' in the Streets
drums
Not Fade Away
Nobody's Jam
Not Fade Away
Black Peter
Around and Around

U.S. Blues
Johnny B. Goode

No comments:

Post a Comment